Food For Thought

I hope you have eaten already, or have some food near by, cause this post is all related to food. And not in the way you think. And you will get hungry.



Pretty fantastic, right? The artist is Giuseppe Arcimboldo. He was an Italian painter during the 16th century, and after discovering him in a National Geographic article, my love for his whimsical paintings was created.

This is what Wikipedia has to say about his work:

"when he assembled objects in one portrait, he never used random objects. Each object was related by characterization. In The Librarian, Arcimboldo used objects that signified the book culture at that time, such as the curtain that created individual study rooms in a library. The animal tails, which became the beard of the portrait, were used as dusters. By using the everyday objects, the portraits were decoration and still life paintings at the same time. His works showed not only nature and human beings, but also how close they were related."

And his work is filled with puns, jokes, and surprises.
But that is not what this post is about today.
It's about the allegory of food to describe a person.

Me. :-)

A while back now I tried to assign a type of food to each of my friends, choosing wisely so as
to make sure it closely described their personality. When I asked one of them to describe me, she told me that I was a good hearty homemade bread, with seeds and dried fruit.

Honestly, I've always wanted to be a red curry, or something exotic and spicy. But I knew her words to be true. I'm wholesome, warm, and feel good.

I take a while to mature. Hurrah for the Late Bloomers! :-)

I knead a great deal of human contact to reach my full potential. (Punny)
And no matter what I add on, mix in, change the recipe, there is always the base essentials of who I am.

So, my question to you: What food would you be?

And be honest. 


   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...