The Writing Challenge Begins!

Alright, here it is. Adulthood is making me feel dull. I buy groceries, do the dishes, make food, do the dishes again, take out the recycling, clean the house, do laundry, oh look I need to get groceries again, fill the car with gas, pay the bills, yadda yadda yadda. And in my free time I play on Facebook, peeping into other's worlds and wondering why I am not achieving more. I'm chasing my tail and getting dizzy. Losing sight of what I want to do. Who I want to be.

I'm sure I am sharing the doldrums of adulthood with others my age. My story is nothing new, and in comparison I know myself to be in a pretty fortunate situation.

So here it is, a self imposed creative regiment to help boost the little grey cells and get that brain of mine flexing and thinking with the best of them.

This is how it works: I need to create something in writing everyday. Poem, short story, a story synopsis, something. Maybe a stream of thought.

And to make things interesting, my prompt for each writing will come from Google search. Lets go through the alphabet. And since the last 4 days will not have an alphabet letter to use, I will let the first thing on my Facebook feed to pop up be my inspiration. So.

Starting June 7th, going til July 6th (that's 30 days)

And my first word is: Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...