30 Day Poetry Challenge: Day 8: DRAW

Day 8: Draw

Word taken from The True Secret of Writing by Natalie Goldberg, page 212

Draw me in
run a line along my form
capturing this fleeting shape
before it transforms

Hand me my purple crayon
so I may shape the path as I take it
discovering the magic
hidden in the blank space

I'll take a sketch book to the top of Montmartre
brave the endless stairs
find myself at the foot of Sacré-Cœur
shining white in the bright spring light
there I will be high enough
to sketch my desire
my heart
a rough sketch of what is to come

I'll take an impression of what is here
a page from the master's books
and fill it out
with bright, bold, dabs of color



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...