One Foot In Front of the Other

Sometimes all we can do is put one foot in front of the other when the world shifts.
Just keep walking.

In another blog I kept I talked about my experience  getting ready for a long multi month trip in Europe with a boyfriend at the time. The plan was quit our jobs, travel around 6 months, and then move somewhere together or come back and start a new life. Together, it was implied. What ended up happening is another story, for another time. One I am sure to tell here, within the electronic pages of this ephemeral book. 

Being now on the other side of it, it seems like a dream. Some parts of my life are exactly the same as before I left, and some parts...well, I've said goodbye to them.

But writing, ah, I see you on the horizon and I'm taking steps towards you again!
One word in front of the next.
So here I am, another project.
30 days, each day a different new poem. Taken from random places of inspiration. I'm looking forward to the ride, and I hope you come and join me.



30 Days of Poetry

Day 1: April 18 2017

This word was found in The Globe Illustrated Shakespeare: The Complete Works Annotated


Present

Here and now where the heart beat speaks
and your breath slides to and fro
mingling with swoosh rainy roads and cars
dishwashers and demons.
Whiiiiisssh
They enter your head even now

Put aside, your demons of future and past
shoulda would coulda knot you up
enter with breath, anew
ease back into
The Now Space

Let lips linger on the taste you last loved
and fingertips press lightly the cloth of your lap
the air will lay it's weary head on your shoulders
and you can hear the heartbeat of the world after a time

Then realize
the heartbeat is your own
and you are all the world

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...