30 Days of Poetry: Day 23: SUDDENLY

Day 23: Suddenly
Page 28 from the story For Love of Sunny by Vivian Vande Velde in Girls to the Rescue


Suddenly
I was here
when two paths crossed
my parents to be
creating my history
a happy happenstance
for me

Suddenly
my childhood ran by
burned skin summers and wet winter skies
topless and carefree
tree house dreams

Suddenly
my college days
love and learning
blew through
only snapshot memories remain

Suddenly
I am here
thinking 5 months of travel
went by so fast
how that love
went by so fast
these hands cannot hold
the falling sands
as time passes

I'll stop time here
catch the light off my bubble dreams
as they rise, suspended
lift my nose to the wind
and catch the hyacinth of Spring
this precious life
this precious moment

The Universe will blink
and suddenly
that was my life



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...