30 Day Poetry Challenge: Day 19: MORN

Day 19: Morn

This little odd word was found on pg 108 from Le Morte d'Arthur by Sir Thomas Malory. Initially I thought it meant mourn, but discovered it had a very reverse meaning for me. At first I could only think of this haiku, but happily it lead to a longer piece. 


Morning Flower

New hours unfurl
Fragrant birdsong around me
Day and Soul rebirth



Morning Routine 

At the beginning of the day
I cannot weep
not with golden light
spilling through curtains

The freshness of the air
can only be so
by moonpowered filters
the night before

It is the sweetest of smells

Vague memories of pain
inner turmoil
the night before
are rocked and sung to
by the lulluby of birdsong

their sharp corners soften

The night before has come and gone
and here I am present
in the Morn



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...