30 Days of Poetry: Day 18: THE LOVERS

Day18: The Lovers

Taken from page 239 from Tarot Mysteries: Rediscovering the Real Meaning of the Cards by Jonathan Dee. 

I enjoyed reading about this card. Some things it said about The Lovers is that it's symbol is fire and zodiac sign associated with it is Gemini. I really connect to that, as a gemini. It also talks about paths being taken, one path of comfort and familiarity, the other one of surprise and exploration.


The Volcano Speaks

Don't talk to me of love
my heart is too cracked to hold that liquor
seeping out
spilling on the floor

And as an emotionally well balanced adult
I'm expected
rag in hand
smile on face
to wipe it all away
whistling
ready for life's next love

but I'm not

I'm a siege weapon of bile
prickly and thorned
achingly tired of kissing that frog and that frog
expecting a gold star or a prince or a pat on the back
good girl

So don't talk to me of love
not right now
not while the volcano is erupting

I love
this part of me
that feels strong and big and powerful
and scary
I like the feeling of being unattractive
unfeminine
uninticing
it takes a load off my shaply shoulders
this skin I'm in
is made to create
and destroy

Harken to the drums of war!
Take your sword in hand
burning bright
and chase ignorance from your Eden

If only she hadn't eaten
tasted passion fruit on her tongue
she wouldn't have discovered
all that she was or could be

I'm glad she did
even though the pain aches every month
I call those tremors
power surges
because women are volcanos
creators

and destructors 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...