Even when the music stops, follow that which is in your heart
Day 30: CONGRATULATIONS BANNER!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
It is finished!
And Desiderata is right: I will enjoy this success, but I will also enjoy the act of making more plans for the future. The fact that this 30 day drawing challenge is over doesn't mean I stop.
Song of Wet Stone When the rain comes to the shore, watch the rocks they transform revealing their shy colors rust reds and treasure map browns sea teals and leaf greens watch the rocks watch the girl stumbling slowly along the shore eyes seeking picking up, greeting loving each stone in turn slick stones, slipping into her pocket treasure her hands roll the new precious things round and around blessing the seeker And then! one large stone twisting blue of the sea dancing kelp green this is a mermaid's heart, it sings from the deepest deep mine! Thinks the girl, rolling it between cold pale hands and then she notices between her fingertips, sheltered from the rain the wet skin of this mermaid gem begins to dry the wild life evaporating away leaving grey blue grey green grey stone shock and bewilderment out come the rest from her pockets all warm and dry their magic gone Watch, as this child sullenly ...
I'm a fan of strong women in my fairy tales, which is hard to find since most of the women are princess' under spells, or they are a grand prize after the hero vanquishes the monster or completes the quest. There are a few that really stuck with me. Especially the Scandinavian folktale The Prince Lindworm . The story goes like this; a Queen wants a child, and she is told that if she eats two onions she will have twin sons. She does so, but the first onion she is so greedy to eat that she doesn't remove the outside skin. Soon she gives birth to two sons, but the first born was a monster, half snake and half boy. The boys grow up, and the second born prince wants to get married. But his terror of an older brother won't let him until he gets married first. Course, no one wants to marry a half-man half-snake creature who keeps eating his prospective brides. Finally, a peasant girl comes forward and volunteers to marry the elder brother. She goes to him, wearing all of ...
Pretty straightforward, right? I would like to say that what I want most right now is to finish school, to find a good job, to go to Ghana even. I would like to say that what I want most is to create something amazing. Or have an adventure. Or have a really awesome night on the town (though, that sounds rather tempting...) But it all comes down to love, doesn't it? And finding the person that fits you, right? Anyway, I don't want this to be sappy. I know, as an only child, I need to work on my ability to be okay by myself. It's alright to be alone. Tanya Davis has a wonderful poem called How to Be Alone , something I stole from another blogger. Read it. It's fantastic. And really, it's when you can find solace and contentment with yourself, that moment when you are open to the world (but not grasping at it) when love happens. At least, I hope that's how it works. So far my old techniques have not been working. Like forcing my email on a guy I'v...
Comments
Post a Comment