Day 5: Best Friend

I haven't had too many people in my life that I could say were my best friends. People that I truly love. But there are enough of them. Which made this my most hated day to do. I didn't want to decide! Finally, I had someone in mind. My friend that I have known the longest of all, someone I hope I will know the rest of my life.

Here it is, in all it's cheesy glory....



This picture is actually based off of a real photo that popped up into my mind. My good friend Lana and I, probably aged about 11, going bowling. I actually made myself look much better in this version than in the original. You can't see, but I'm wearing socks, pulled up, with those long shorts, and I'm bright rosy cheeked and shiny, grinning for all I'm worth. My lovely friend is shyly standing by (she has become a much more confident woman since then) and we are about to go bowling.

I wanted to do a polaroid because this moment in time is very telling. We both are no longer those girls, we have changed so much since then. But I also think that these two people are buried deep down in us. I will always be that enthusiastic sweaty fat kid in shorts and socks, and Lana will be the slightly shy and pretty girl peering out from her hair.

Time will tell, though...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...