Day 22: Something You Miss

I've always wanted a tree house.
Somewhere up high, secret, preferably nested among leaves, is something that I know I will never grow out of. It feels so special to be up high. I'd even make do with an apartment, if it had an amazing view.

I've had one tree house in my life.

It was our old cherry tree at my old house, and my dad had taken rope and wound it around the thickest branches creating a platform, and then he took a sturdy squarish piece of wood and put it on top. And that was my treehouse.

It wasn't up very high, nor was it very fancy, but sitting up there (especially in summer time, towels laid out, draping over the edge to create rooms below) it was my impenetrable fort. My secret lair.

Then I got too big. Too heavy to sit on that little platform of rope and wood. And now I'm too old for it to be acceptable for me to play in trees (unless there is a child present).


Maybe what I miss more is being that age that could sit in a simple tree house (platform), or a large cardboard box with holes cut out, and it would turn into a fantastic world rich with adventure and secrets.

I miss being, say, about 6 or 7. 

It's a good thing I'm in theatre then. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...