Day 7: Favorite Word

The word that you are thinking this represents is not so easily deduced. :-)

I love words, so picking one was a struggle. I've always liked whimsy, but I overuse it. I was looking through Google at "beautiful words" waiting for one to strike me and give me an idea. But none of them seemed quite right.

Then I remembered this one word, which a good friend, who I love dearly, once tricked me into believing meant something else. The word was afton, and he told me that it was the softy, dreamy fuzz seeds that puff off of a dandelion. This description I fell in love with. Sadly, Afton actually is the name of a river in Scotland, which is nice, but does not live up to the romantic attachment I had with the first definition.

And why am I picking a word that I'm changing the definition to? Because afton will always mean dandelion wishes to me.



 P.S. Dandelions are my favorite flower

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...