Day 7: Favorite Word

The word that you are thinking this represents is not so easily deduced. :-)

I love words, so picking one was a struggle. I've always liked whimsy, but I overuse it. I was looking through Google at "beautiful words" waiting for one to strike me and give me an idea. But none of them seemed quite right.

Then I remembered this one word, which a good friend, who I love dearly, once tricked me into believing meant something else. The word was afton, and he told me that it was the softy, dreamy fuzz seeds that puff off of a dandelion. This description I fell in love with. Sadly, Afton actually is the name of a river in Scotland, which is nice, but does not live up to the romantic attachment I had with the first definition.

And why am I picking a word that I'm changing the definition to? Because afton will always mean dandelion wishes to me.



 P.S. Dandelions are my favorite flower

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Poetry Challenge: Day 15: ELECTRON

Day 4: Favorite Place