Day 23: Something You Need

My Space!

Not the website, sillies, but the cry, that claim for existence!


I got this from a movie called Happy Go Lucky, when the heroine goes to a Flamenco class. At the class the teacher gives a speech about what Flamenco is:



“Remember that this dance comes from the pain,
from the suffering, of los gitanos...erm... what you say, "the gypsies". I know this word not politically correct,but these guys they been squashed down by society for centuries, centuries, and they say,"We don't need this. We got pride.

We got dignity.

We got heart. We got flamenco. "

They say, "This... my space. "

 
My space.

 
My space!"

That fire that is in Flamenco, that claiming of the self. That is what I need. I need to stand my ground, be the person I am in the moment I am in it. 
No apologies.
No doubts.

Stomp stomp!

My Space!

Stomp stomp!

My Body!

Stomp Stomp!

My life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...