Day 21: Something You Want


Pretty straightforward, right?

I would like to say that what I want most right now is to finish school, to find a good job, to go to Ghana even.
I would like to say that what I want most is to create something amazing. Or have an adventure. Or have a really awesome night on the town (though, that sounds rather tempting...)

But it all comes down to love, doesn't it? And finding the person that fits you, right?
Anyway, I don't want this to be sappy. I know, as an only child, I need to work on my ability to be okay by myself.

It's alright to be alone. Tanya Davis has a wonderful poem called How to Be Alone, something I stole from another blogger. Read it. It's fantastic.

And really, it's when you can find solace and contentment with yourself, that moment when you are open to the world (but not grasping at it) when love happens.

At least, I hope that's how it works.
So far my old techniques have not been working. Like forcing my email on a guy I've just met.

So, I'm still working on alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...