Day 16: Inspiration

Here's something about inspiration; the second part of it's definition, the one we don't often think about is "the drawing in of breath." I've been taught in my theatre program that by breathing fully the actor can connect to their true intentions and the creative impulses within the lines. Stage fright, take a deep breath. Speaking poetry, get your breath down deep. Once you settle your breath, your mind clears.
It's in meditation. It's in yoga.

I will take it one step further. Breathing, truly and sincerely taking in air deep to your core and then letting all of it out, is an act of living (living sincerely) and in living inspiration can be found. Because inspiration hits  you from thin air and ignites your neurons. Where does it come from?


The second part of this is where I find inspiration. Life inspires me. Other's ideas, or art, or realizations, which I find in conversation or in the case of my current drawing, the internet (Stumbleupon!)

Maybe I'm  a knowledge junkie. It's hard to stop wanting to learn when you have such easy access to this vast sea, all within fingertip reach. Maybe it's too easy. However, I found this challenge on Stumbleupon, and I'm over halfway through my challenge, and it feels wonderful.

So, keep breathing, and keep creating, all of you cyber gypsies...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...