Day 2: Favorite Animal

Here it is, finally. Wow, I am getting into a bad habit of "I'll just post it the next day."

I love crows. I don't know why exactly, since they are scavengers, and they aren't very pretty, but something about them I really like. Crows are smart. They are inventive. They have this attitude of "yeah, we're here, deal with it." And the fact that a grouping of them is called a Murder, a Murder of Crows, is just very very cool. Is this my emo side coming out? My inner Edger Allen Poe revealing itself? Hard to say.

I did not intend this to be as geometrical as it turned out to be. I wanted to do something flowing, something in flight. But fluid motion is something I do quite a lot in my art, so I think a little geometric cartoony was a challenge. I may have been inspired by M. C. Escher at the time, though the repeating pattern didn't really happen. Overall, I was surprised but pleased with what I got.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 6th: Transparent

April 13th: Song of Wet Stone

Just A Small Town Girl...